Defining Awkward

6 days ago, as I was about to bid goodbye to my mom before going to school, she whispered something to me. Well, a few minutes before that, she was ranting about how I got mixed up in the situation I'm in. I just ignored her. Then, as I was about to leave, she told me that she wanted to punch me.

A few weeks prior to that, I was asking for permission from my dad to attend an org event at a mall in clark when I was bugged a few questions regarding the event. Then these lines came up: "Bakit ka pa pupunta diyan? Kalimutan mo na yan..."

About 5 or 6 hours ago, we passed by this school along the road. A tarpaulin hung loosely on its fence congratulating some students for winning on a certain competition. My sister tried to read what was written but wasn't able to read what the event was. I told my sister what it was all about. Then my father spoke "next year wala ka nang alam tungkol diyan"

At dinner last night, my younger brother was showing his graduation pictures to the family. He is graduating this april with a degree I'm really not sure of. Then my sister told me: "kuya, ikaw nalang hindi gumagraduate sa inyo nila kuya"

For the past few days or so that I've stayed at home, I have always been subject to statements regarding my current situation. I tried to ignore them primarily because I don't know how to reply to these questions or statements and partly because I don't want to talk about them anymore. My parent(s) decided for my future and I've made my peace with that. I accepted all the consequences. I just wish they too have made peace with all that had happened, and just accept that there are things meant to happen.

Sadly, while good things come to those who wait, the best things happen to those who act and make their move. I just waited.





Comments

Anonymous said…
"I just wish they too have made peace with all that had happened..." Amen to that.

Popular posts from this blog

2 weeks

Saturday the 14th